Sunday, January 13, 2013

LOVE

It is said that love is not only a form of expression, but a sign of adversities when we are longing for the affection of others. To others, love is something invisible that we have to feel. But how do we feel it? How do others understand our way of loving the people and things around us? So in your personal opinion, how is love to you and how do you interpret it?

Oscar: Love is completely and utterly difficult to have. People say they find their love at first sight and that person ends up being their mate until the end. For me, that's not the case. Because I'm Dominican, I am "suppose" to be suave and smooth with the ladies, but for some reason I'm not. I could love, but why don't the women love me? One of my closest friends name Yunior said I live in a sci-fi world. So! It's good to have an imagination when you know things will never get better. All I'm saying is we think we could find love easily when in reality love could lead to our biggest downfall.

Walter: I feel you Oscar...on some levels. I have a wife and a child who I love unconditionally, but it sucks when your own wife has no respect for you and thinks you're never there. I could relate to you on the Dominican aspect although I am not Dominican but a man. The man makes the decisions and takes control while the woman takes care of the child and makes sure the house is clean while there's food for her man. That's not the case with my wife.

Oscar: But Walter, we live in a society where women are gaining confidence within themselves.

Water: Your point?

Oscar: My point is that women are a complicated species to understand. We just need to like the sentimental things they do. Love could lead a person to do dumb things.

Walter: I love her and I want her to notice that.

Oscar: People interpret love in their own way. She loves you but want YOU to find out for yourself.

Walter: Will she respect me?

Oscar: It's worth a try my friend.

Walter: Alright, I'll try. Thanks for lookin' out Oscar. You must know women well huh?
(leaves conversation)

Walter: Nice talking to you.
(leaves conversation)

Mama: As a mother, I love my family my family unconditionally. The way I love them is the way I was loved by my parents so I passed that on to them. Yes children could be a bit rebellious ans smart mouth off but in the end, love should only be interpreted in one way and that's the way a person feels towards their peers and their surrounding.

Beli: But why are children rebellious? I am a mother myself and I have been through so much that my children could never imagine. Do I love my children? Yes, I was the one there for them and what does one of them do? Disrespect me and belittles me as a parent. I do admit the tactics I use were nasty, but what was I suppose to do?

Mama: Beli, this is not your fault. Children believe the only way to get our attention is to rebel and go against our orders. We've been going through so much and our children should respect that.

Beli: I agree with you fully. As a single parent, I want to give the world to my children and try to protect them from danger. How can I get them to understand?

Mama: The only way the children will understand is if they know your upbringing. It may be shameful to explain but its something they have to know.

Beli: That sounds like an idea but what if they mock me for it?

Mama: Then that is not love or respect.

Beli: Wait...should I do it or let somebody else do it?

Mama: Nobody can tell your life better than you can Beli.

Beli: Sometimes others can. Hopefully they understand and our family not only becomes stronger but our love as well.
(leaves conversation)

Mama: Good luck...I guess
(leaves conversation)


No comments:

Post a Comment